MLS Pain Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to treat painful and debilitating conditions.
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
MLS Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 8 minutes. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatment being 7 to 10 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments. The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatments recommended by your doctor or symptoms are likely to reoccur.
MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Sore muscles, muscles strains and tears
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological and general pain and bruising
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre and post-surgical treatments
- Anti-inflammation applications
- Specific neurological conditions
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Rapid relief of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains and strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement if local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
PinPointe Foot Laser
Understanding Nail Fungus
Fungi, including yeasts and molds, are typically the causes of nail infections, and most are cause by a group of fungi called dermatophytes. The most common fungi that cause nail infection disease in animals and humans are Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, and Candida albicans. These fungi can live in the layer of dead skin around your nails, in the space under your nail. and in the nail itself.
What are the signs and symptoms of nail fungus?
Nail infection can cause permanent deformity of the nail, which can interfere with your being able to wear shoes, walking, sports and other activities. Infected nails often show one or more of the following signs:
- Yellow streaks in the skin under the nail, or the nail bed and on the underside of the nail
- Buildup of bits and pieces of skin and nail fragments under the nail
- Discolored and thickened nail that may separate from the skin under the nail
- Brittle, broken and thickened nails
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface
- Soft and powdery nail surface, which appears as the infection worsens
- Damaged, crumbly and brown or gray nail surface, with no separation of the nail from underlying skin
Our Treatment Pricing
Frequently Asked Questions
The process begins with a consultation in which your provider, will explain the procedure that is to be performed and any follow-ups visits that my be required.
For most patients it is a virtually painless experience. Some may feel a warming sensation. An isolated few may feel a slight pinprick.
No. The procedure is a walk in/ walk out procedure.
The PinPointe Foot Laser procedure typically takes about 30 minutes.
Many patients report seeing an improvement after one procedure. However, there is a chance of reinfection because the fungus is present everywhere in the environment. Your provider will recommend care techniques to help reduce a recurrence of the infection.
This procedure is considered aesthetic and therefore health insurance does not provide coverage. The doctor will work out a payment plan, if needed.
Yes, the device has received FDA clearance for the temporary increase of clear nail in patients with onychomycosis, or nail fungus.